A few months ago a sad email arrived in my inbox from Jason Darling, the owner of the company. He was closing the business, due to logistical reasons, mostly. I bought some lollies from his dwindling inventory and thought that was that.
Today I got another email from Jason. WOW! this guy's passion for what he does is amazing. His lollipop business is forged with love, blood, sweat, tears and, no doubt, tons of stress. let's help this guy get rebooted! At the end of his charming email there is a discount code.
Here's the email:
Remember when I sent out a maudlin email saying we were basically going out of business and everyone was super sad about it? Guess what? We're still here! And better than ever! Stop crying!
(This is a medium-long email, and you can skip most of it and just go to the 20% sale down below, but I'll try to be interesting in the interim.)
Here's the deal- we were contacted by a painfully high-quality small-shop lollipop manufacturer a few months ago who heard about our predicament. And after a lot of work, tons of samples (to make sure everything tasted just so), and stress like you wouldn't believe, we are up and running again. And there's so many details that I'm going to shift to bullet points!
- No more high-fructose corn syrup: it's true! the lollies are tapioca based now, which beyond being GMO free (eat it, Monsanto!) lends itself to a really silky texture.
- Better packaging: remember how the wrappers were all printed weird and hard to open? That's not the case anymore! The wrappers are totes easy to tear into and while the paper labels we're currently using aren't amazing, they're a huge step up (we're talking to a designer in the next week to fancify them, tho).
- Made in the USA: Everything. From the sticks to the ingredients to the lollipops themselves, there's nary a step in the process that involves scary-to-think-about labor laws. So good!
- Better shipping rates: We have a new shipping company, and our rates have dropped so much from what they used to be that it will blow your mind (especially if you order a lot). Everything will be sent out USPS Priority Mail with three day guaranteed delivery from the time it gets picked up.
- Fresher candy: rather than buying a bunch of inventory and letting it sit, your candy doesn't exist until you order it. Lollipops are made in batches of 54 at a time, meaning that the candy you get in the mail was made, literally, for you. So luxe, right?
All that said, the new lollipops are costing us a lot more to make, but no worries, we didn't up any prices. What would be exciting about that?
Oh and did I mention new flavors? I THINK I DID. Along with old-school favorites like Absinthe, Maple Bacon, Amaretto, Chai (check the website for the rest), we're also offering the following 10 new flavors (more bulletpoints!):
- Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster
- Cactus Fruit
- Passion Fruit
- Green Tea
- PARTY G1RL
- Habanero Tequila
Be still your heart, I know, I know.
Two things to note: we don't offer international shipping at the moment, but we hope to be able to within the next month. And normal wait time for your order to be made once you order it is between 24-72 hours, and this initial burst of "oh, hey, Lollyphile is back up" might slow it down a a day or two past that. But the sooner you order, the sooner you get your candy. Again, small shop, quality product. Full disclosure, caveat emptor, l'chaim.
So. You ready?
Oh & wait- if you use discount code bestcandyintheworld you get 20% off your order. That's important to mention.
That's enough for now. I'm breathless from all the prose. :)
PS: I'm in the process of having models shot (with a camera, natch) with Lollyphile lollipops. I'm 100% aware that my website looks like a GeoCities page, and there are drastic steps being taken to improve the situation. Check out our facebook page for teaser pics! And join it, maybe? Why not, right? Right.